The Chennai Metro, officially Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL), is a rapid transit system serving the city of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) is going to Announce Employment Notification for Recruitment of Junior Engineer Grade-II (Station Control) Posts. Chennai Metro Rail Limited, entrusted with the implementation of Chennai Metro Rail Project, requires efficient, experienced and competent Staff for the post mentioned below on regular basis
Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) Junior Engineer Grade-II (Station Control) Posts Eligible candidates may apply in the prescribed format on or before official Website at www.chennaimetrorail.org. This Recruitment More Details Age Limit, Educational Qualification, Selection Process and how to apply are given below
Name of Post
Junior Engineer Grade-II (Station Control)
Age Limit - Age not exceeding 28 years as on 01-01-2017.
Education Qualification - The candidates should possess three years Diploma certification with minimum 55 % marks in Mechanical/ Electrical (EEE)/ Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) from a Govt. recognized Institute/University
Selection process - For the post of Junior Engineer Grade-II (Station Control), the selection methodology will comprise four stage process – Online Test, Psychometric Test, Proficiency in Tamil followed by Medical examination in A1 category. For details about Medical Standards visit CMRL website. The selection process would judge different facets of knowledge (Aptitude & Subject Skills), comprehension, aptitude, proficiency in Tamil and physical fitness. Candidates will have to pass through each stage successfully (including Medical examination) for qualifying for the issue of appointment orders. Candidates qualified in written test will be called for certificate verification and Post verification of credentials, the candidate will be administered Medical test.
Application Fee - Rs. 500 (For General and Others) and Rs. 100 (SC/ST )
Online Test - The Online test consists of multiple-choice objective type questions (40% General Aptitude and 60% Subject knowledge). There will be no negative marking. The Paper shall be of two hours duration. Successful candidates based on the Online Test, Tamil proficiency Test and Psychometric Test, shall be called for Medical Examination. Certificate verification (with reference to originals) will be undertaken prior to joining CMRL. Test date will be published in CMRL website, www.chennaimetrorail.org Candidates are requested to be in constant touch with CMRL website for any updates. Instructions on how to answer online tests will be issued along with the hall ticket. Demo online tests will be made available on CMRL website.
Online Test Centres - Online test centres will ordinarily be at Chennai. In case of necessity, the test will be conducted at select centres in Tamil Nad
Medical Examination - (i) Expenses for the first time medical examination of the candidate will be borne by CMRL. However, in case a candidate seeks extension for joining, then the second time medical examination expenditure for the joining will be borne by the candidate himself/herself. The standard for medical examination for above mentioned post is A1 medical standards. (ii) Details of Medical Standards are also available with CMRL’s website www.chennaimetrorail.org under career link. During the certificate verification, the credentials of the provisionally selected candidates will be verified as per the eligibility criteria stipulated vide cited Employment Notification. Only the candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will be sent to Medical examination. (iii) Candidates, who fail in the prescribed medical test, will not be given any alternative employment and decision of the CMRL is final on this issue.
Surety Bond - The candidates selected for the post will have to execute a surety bond of Rs. 2,00,000/- (including cost of training) to serve CMRL for a minimum period of five years and also a three months prior notice, will be required before seeking resignation from CMRL.
Training & Probation - The selected candidates on appointment will be on Probation for a period of two years (including period of training), where they will undergo intensive training for prescribed duration. CMRL has the right to enhance or reduce the training period at its discretion for any or all the trainees. During the probation period, the candidates shall be required to pass various certification tests conducted by CMRL Training Institute. The service of the candidate during probation period can be terminated by CMRL, if the performance of the candidate is unsatisfactory, in accordance with the terms & conditions of offer of appointment.
Pay & Emoluments - The pay & emoluments for direct recruits shall be as per pay scales mentioned in para 1 of this notification under the IDA (Industrial DA) as applicable from time to time and other benefits which include Perks like HRA, Other allowances, Medical benefit, EPF, Gratuity, and Insurance etc. as per extant rules of HR Manual, CMRL. During training period, stipend consisting of Basic pay and IDA only will be given. Post satisfactory completion of training, the candidate will be eligible to draw other allowances
How to Apply
- Candidates applying for the position in “Chennai Metro Rail Ltd (CMRL)” are required to apply only through the CMRL website: http://chennaimetrorail.org. No other Means/Mode of application will be accepted
- Before the final submission of the Online Application, the candidates should have scanned their recent (a) Photograph & (b) Signature in CD/DVD/Pen drive as per their convenience. These documents will be required for uploading and final submission of Online Application.
- A valid E-mail and Mobile Number is mandatory for the submission of Online Application. This EMail and Mobile number should be kept active till the declaration of results. CMRL will send important information with regard to application and examination on this registered E-Mail/Mobile number
- Please note that after the final submission of all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Position Applied, Category, Date of Birth, Address, Email ID etc. will be considered as Final and NO further modifications will be allowed/entertained.
- CMRL reserves the right to either conduct the online examination in single shift or in multiple shifts.
- After the final submission of the online application, candidate will not be able to edit/delete any fields of the Online Application. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained at later stage