Indian Navy is announced a Emplyment Notification for the Recruitment for Permanent Commission (PC) officers in Executive (GS) branch and Short Service Commission (SSC) officers in Executive and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy under University Entry Scheme (UES), for course commencing June 2017 Posts, Applications are invited from unmarried candidates who fulfill eligibility condition of Nationality as laid down by the Government of India for entry as Permanent Commission (PC) officers in Executive (GS) branch and Short Service Commission (SSC) officers in Executive and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy under University Entry Scheme (UES), for course commencing June 2017.
Indian Navy PC & SSC Officer Recruitment 2016 Eligible candidates can apply Online from 25-06-2016 to 07-08-2016. More Details like Age Limit, Educational Qualification, Physical Standard, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process, Medical Standard how to apply are given below
Name of the Posts
- Permanent Commission (PC) officers
- Short Service Commission (SSC) officers
Educational Qualifications - Applicant should be in the final year (4th / 5th year) in an AICTE recognised university with one of the following disciplines and should have obtained a minimum of 60 % aggregate marks till pre final year (till V semester for BE/B Tech and. VII Semester for 5 year integrated degree course)
Medical Standard - The candidate must only apply if meeting the following medical standards
Promotions & Pay Scale - Promotion from Sub-Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to fulfilment of requisite Service conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows (under revision
Terms & Conditions of Service - The selected candidates will be appointed in the rank of Sub Lieutenant on the date decided by the Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Navy) [IHQ-MoD(N)]. The Officers will be on probation for a period of two years or till completion of their initial training (whichever is later), during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory. The individuals who are granted PC will be entitled to the full basic pay of the rank, while those granted SSC will be entitled to half the basic pay for the rank, for the period from date of appointment to date of reporting at Naval Academy. This will be payable as a lump sum stipend at the time of joining INA, Ezhimala for training. 8. Candidates of SSC for GS(X), NA, IT and GS (Tech) will serve for 12 years, extendable to 14 years. The extension is subject to Service requirements and performance/ willingness of candidate. However, for Pilot/ Observer/ Tech (Submarine) the term of SSC is 14 years with no further extension
Selection Procedure - The eligible candidates applying for entry will have to appear before a Naval Campus Selection Team for interview. The Candidates qualifying the campus interview will be shortlisted for SSB interview on the basis of his/her preference for the entry, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria for particular entry. The final selection of Branch/Cadre will be decided by IHQ-MoD (Navy) depending on number of vacancies in particular Branch/Cadre. Candidates shortlisted during campus interview will be called for SSB interview at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore / Visakhapatnam between Dec 16 to Apr 17.
Conduct of SSB - Stage I test consisting of Officer Intelligence Rating(OIR) Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test (PPDT) will be conducted on the first day. Candidate who fails to qualify in Stage I will be routed back home on the same day. Stage II tests will comprise of Psychological testing, Group Task, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. No compensation will be paid in case of any injury sustained as a result of tests. The duration of SSB will be 05 days Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Special Medical Examination for approximate duration of 05 days at nearest military hospital. Successful candidates of Pilot & Observer entry will undergo following on qualifying SSB
Pilot Entry - PABT (Pilot Aptitude Battery Test) followed by Aviation Medicals
Observer Entry - Aviation Medicals
How to Apply - candidates may apply Online through the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 25-06-2016 to 07-08-2016
- Click on the 'Apply Online Officer entry ‘on the Home page
- Fill the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field
- After filling the form click on Preview and check if all the information entered by you are correct.
- Before clicking the Print application button, it should be checked in all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the records. Candidates can take the print of the application form by entering the relevant details
- Print a copy of this Application Form having the system generated Application Number. The copy of this application form along
- with copy of class X, 10+2 and mark sheets till fifth semester of B. Tech is to be submitted to the Campus Selection Team of Indian Navy at the time of campus interview
- Obtain signature of the Principal/Dean/HoD on the declaration given at the end of the application
- Although candidates may be eligible for more than one branch/cadre yet they have to submit only one application and mention
- priority at para 2 of Application Format. If candidate has submitted Duplicate application, his candidature will be cancelled at any stage of selection process