Indian Army is going to announce Employment Notification 2016 for Engineering streams Recruitment 2016, Applications are invited from married/unmarried MALE and unmarried FEMALE Engineering Graduates and also from widows of Defence Personnel for Grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army in all Arms/Services. Course commencing in Oct 2016 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
In case the engineering stream of the candidate is not listed above and candidates desire to claim equivalence, they may produce equivalence certificate of the concerned universities for the purpose. Recruiting Directorate will examine the case for acceptance based on the certificate issued by the concerned university for equivalence.
Name of The Post
|Engineering Equivalent||Equivalent Stream (AICTE Appd)|
|Civil||Civil Engg, Civil Engg(Structural|
Engg), Structural Engg
|Mechanical||Mechanical Engg, Mechanical|
(Mechatronics) Engg, Mechanical
& Automation Engg
|Electrical / Electrical & Electronics||Electrical Engg, Electrical Engg (Electronics & Power),|
Power System Engg, Electrical & Electronics Engg
|Automobile /Work-shop Technology||Automobile Engg|
|Aeronautical /Aviation / Aerospace /|
|Computer Sc & Engg / Computer Tech /InfoTech/M.Sc(Computer Sc)||Computer Engg, Computer Science,|
Computer Science Engg, Computer Science
& Engg, Information Science & Engg
|Electronics & Telecommunication /|
Telecommunication / Electronics &Communication / Satellite Communication
|One Star Post|
|Electronics / Opto Electronics /|
Fibre Optics / Micro
Electronics & Microwave
|Power Electronics & Drives|
|Electronics & instrumentation /Instrumentation||Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engg,|
Electronics & Instrumentation Engg Electronics & Instrumentation & Control Engg Instrumentation
& Control Eng. Instrumentation Technology
|Food Tech / Bio Tech||Bio Technology|
|Bio Medical Engg.||Medical Electronics|
Age Limit - (i) SSC(Tech)-47 Men and SSC(Tech)-18 Women:- 20 to 27 years as on 01 Oct 2016. (Candidates born between 02 Oct 89 and 01 Oct 96 both dates inclusive). (ii) For widows of Defence Personnel with four years age relaxation- SSCW (Non Tech) – 19 to 29 Years. Born not earlier than 02 Jul 87 and not later than 01 Jul 97 (Both dates inclusive).
Pay and Allowances - The candidates will be given a stipend of Rs. 21,000/- p.m. (Rs 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-). On completion of training they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank. Army also provides free Medical Facilities for self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidized rate. For details of pay and allowances and facilities visit website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Educational Qualification - Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are studying in the final year examination of Engineering course are eligible to apply. The candidates appearing in the final year examination of Degree Course should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at OTA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate.
Selection Procedure - The selection procedure is as follows
Shortlisting of Applications - Integrated HQ of MoD(Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each discipline without assigning any reason
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP) and Bangalore (Karnataka) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued through candidate’s registered e-mail id and through SMS. Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and no request for changes are entertained in this regard
- Interviews will be held in May/Jun 2016 onwards
- Candidates will put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival and details of the same are available at official website of Rtg Dte www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
Tatto Policy - For tattoo policy, please visit our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Cost of Training - The entire cost of training is at Government expense. In case the GC is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than Medical ground or the reasons not beyond his control, he will be liable to refund cost of training for the period of his stay at Officers Training Academy.
Training - Duration of training is 49 weeks
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit up to the number of vacancies available in each subject
- Candidates neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he be allowed to live with parents/guardians. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training
Documents to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidate
- One copy of the Print out of application duly signed and affixed with self attested photograph
- Self attested copy of Matriculation or equivalent certificate for age proof.
- Self attested copy of 12th Class Certificate & Marksheet.
- Self attested copy of Engineering Degree/Provisional Degree.
- Self attested copy of Mark sheets of all Semesters.
- Certificate from the Principal/Head of the Institution stating that the candidate is in final year and final exams will be over by 01 Oct 2016 for final year appearing candidates.
Medical Examination - A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical officers. Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared fit by the Medical board. Details for the same are available at official website of Directorate General Recruiting www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
NOTE - For all queries regarding allotment of centres, date of interview, merit list, joining instructions and any other relevant information,please visit our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in, or contact Tele No. (011) 26173215 (between 2PM to 5PM Monday to Friday). Address:- Directorate General of Recruiting, AG’s Branch, IHQ MoD (Army), West Block-III, R.K.Puram, New Delhi-110066.