The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India, including Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Revenue Service (IRS) among others
Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Examination for Recruitment to the Services and Posts mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 07.08.2017 in accordance with the Rules published by the Department of Personnel & Training in the Gazette of India Extraordinary 23.04.2017.
Name of The Exam
- UPSC Civil Services Examination
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager,Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group 'A' (Gr. III).
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group "A".
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group 'B'
Educational Qualifications - The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification
Fee - Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ ST/PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/Sate Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala /State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
Physical Standards - UPSC Civil Services Examination Applicants must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination, 2017 as per guidelines given in Appendix-III of Rules for Examination published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated Month of May, 2017
UPSC Civil Services Examination Centers List 2017 - The centres and the date of holding the examination as mentioned above are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission. Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the Centres, except Chennai, Dispur, Kolkatta and Nagpur. Allotment of Centres will be on the
"first-apply-first allot" basis, and once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants, who cannot get a Centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.
Selection Process - The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
Centers for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination
|AGARTALA||GHAZIABAD||GAUTAM BUDDH NAGAR|
Centers For Civil Services (Main) Examination
How to Apply - Candidates are required to apply online using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website
The applicants are advised to submit only single application however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination center, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.All candidates, whether already in Government Service, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Commission.
NOTE - UPSC Civil Services Examination 2017 Notification & Apply Online for More Details at Visit Official Website at www.upsc.gov.in / www.employmentnews.gov.in