The Scholarship for Promising Scheduled Caste And Scheduled Tribe SC/ ST Undergraduate Engineering Students Steel Authority Of India Limited (SAIL) is the largest public sector enterprise managing integrated Steel Plants at Bhilai, Durgapur, Rourkela, Bokaro, Bumpur, two Alloy Steels Plant at Durgapur and Salern, ferro-alloys steel producing units at Bhadravati and Chandrapur Ferro Alloy plant, Central Marketing Organization with a wide network of marketing outlets and a Research & Development Centre for Iron & Steel at Ranchi.
Steel Authority Of India Limited (SAIL) Scholarship Eligibility
- The SC/ST students who have joined any Institute of Technology recognised by the Government of India for pursuing a full time Engineering Courses in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Mining, Ceramics, Chemical, Computer Science/Electronics Engineering disciplines with effect from the academic session 2012-2013 are only eligible to apply for scholarship.
- Annual income from all sources of the Parent/Guardian of the students should not exceed Rs.15,OOO/- per annul.
Scholarship @ Rs.450/- per month will be awarded for the full duration of the course w.e.f. the academic session 2017-2018. Number of scholarships is fourteen.
SAIL Scholarship Terms & Conditions
- Recipient of scholarship under the Scheme will be allowed simultaneously to hold scholarship under any other scholarship scheme of the Government/any other organization.
- Scholarship shall be renewed on year to year basis depending on the performance of the student.
- Scholarship shall be payable to awardees through the concerned heads of the Institutions.
Selection shall be made on the basis of performance in the qualifying examination in ~rder of merit, duly recommended by the Head of the Institution.